The firm focuses on all aspects of the Construction Industry, representing owners, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, architect, engineers, construction managers and surety companies engaging in public and private construction projects.
On a daily basis the firm acts as outside general counsel to the firm’s construction clients, helping the clients to address all matters, big and small, from complex litigations to day-to-day letter writing to avoid the lawsuits.
Unlike other lawyers who handle construction matters as part of their larger commercial practice, my practice focuses extensively on construction clients and the problems associated with performing complex construction projects.
Typical activities include:
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Notices of Claim and Notices of Dispute
- Scope of Work disputes
- Change Order or extra work disputes
- Contract defaults and terminations
- Non-Payment disputes
- Trust Diversion claims
- Extension of Time claims
- Delay and inefficiency claims
- Payment Bond claims
- Prevailing Wage claims
- Prompt Payment Act claims
- OSHA investigations
- M/W/DBE compliance
- Bid protests and award disputes
- Litigations in State and Federal Court